DUE TO COVID-19, REGULAR WORSHIP SERVICES ARE ALTERED. Please join us...
10AM Sunday, Nov. 1st - Indoor service of Morning Prayer with Sr. Warden Mark Allen officiating. All appropriate safety protocols will be required. Please note the new time. We look forward to worshiping with you!!
7PM Thursdays - St. Peter's Evening Prayer on GoToMeeting (video or phone) at https://www.gotomeet.me/MarkAllen7 or by dialing 1+5713173122 and enter 900-143-517#
12PM Weekdays - Online Diocesan Noonday Prayer led by lay and clergy members. Find these services on the partnership Facebook page
10AM Sundays - Online Diocesan Worship with Bishop Sean, led from the Cathedral of St. Paul, Erie and St. Paul's Cathedral, Buffalo on alternating Sundays. Includes music from each of the cathedral choirs and will be based on the Liturgy of the Word from Rite II Holy Eucharist. Resident cathedral clergy and others from across the diocesan partnership will preach. There are 3 ways to participate in this worship:
You are Welcome here!
We welcome you to this church, our worship, and parish life. Please know that whoever you are and wherever you find yourself on your faith journey, there is a place for you here at St. Peter's. Our collective body comes from various backgrounds and theologies, whether believers or seekers. We value the importance of individuals and the gifts each offers. Truly, everyone has a part to play and share with others. St. Peter's parishioners affirm the journeys we've undertaken to live out Christ's mission in a complicated world. We invite you to join us and experience what we're about for yourself.
Here is what is distinctive about our community
- We are rational thinkers who believe that the Holy Spirit guides our reasoning
- We value education and learning and we welcome open, honest, and respectful discussion
- We are inclusive and diverse; we embrace all who seek to participate in a life based on the way of Jesus
- We are risk takers; we face the future with hope
- Our Baptismal vows ordain us to ministry - continuing the work which Jesus began, the work of healing a hurting and wounded world
- We offer genuine love to anyone who genuinely wants it
- We believe that our spiritual journeys are varied and personal but not private - they are lived out in community
- Our worship is a living drama, steeped in ancient tradition, into which we are invited to participate, and in which we hear the whole story of our faith
- Our worship seeks to transform us by the renewing of our minds rather than through an emotional experience
- We believe the scriptures to be the living word of God - the work of human hands through which the Holy Spirit of God continues to reveal God's love for us
- Our primary focus is on the Gospels which show us Jesus' example and teachings and we interpret the Old Testatment, the Epistles, and our lives in light of this gospel