As of Nov. 12, 2020, in-person worship services are again suspended due to COVID-19. Read Bishop Sean Rowe's letter here.
Join us on-line! We look forward to worshiping with you...
Sundays, 10 a.m. - Bishop Sean has resumed hosting live online worship via Zoom. To join, use this link: https://zoom.us/j/127336938pwd=cm8zUWh0Y2loTjYyKy91YURsTVBCQT0. If you are asked for a password, use lakeerie. To join by phone instead of video, dial 646-876-9923 and use code 127336938#.
Weekdays, 12 p.m. - Online Diocesan Noonday Prayer led by lay and clergy members. Find these services on the partnership Facebook page
You are Welcom here!
We welcome you to this church, our worship, and parish life. Please know that whoever you are and wherever you find yourself on your faith journey, there is a place for you here at St. Peter's. Our collective body comes from various backgrounds and theologies, whether believers or seekers. We value the importance of individuals and the gifts each offers. Truly, everyone has a part to play and share with others. St. Peter's parishioners affirm the journeys we've undertaken to live out Christ's mission in a complicated world. We invite you to join us and experience what we're about for yourself.
Here is what is distinctive about our community
- We are rational thinkers who believe that the Holy Spirit guides our reasoning
- We value education and learning and we welcome open, honest, and respectful discussion
- We are inclusive and diverse; we embrace all who seek to participate in a life based on the way of Jesus
- We are risk takers; we face the future with hope
- Our Baptismal vows ordain us to ministry - continuing the work which Jesus began, the work of healing a hurting and wounded world
- We offer genuine love to anyone who genuinely wants it
- We believe that our spiritual journeys are varied and personal but not private - they are lived out in community
- Our worship is a living drama, steeped in ancient tradition, into which we are invited to participate, and in which we hear the whole story of our faith
- Our worship seeks to transform us by the renewing of our minds rather than through an emotional experience
- We believe the scriptures to be the living word of God - the work of human hands through which the Holy Spirit of God continues to reveal God's love for us
- Our primary focus is on the Gospels which show us Jesus' example and teachings and we interpret the Old Testatment, the Epistles, and our lives in light of this gospel