Mid-Aug. thru Sept. 2021
Our current collection is for Northern Chautauqua Canine Rescue and Westfield Stray Cat Rescue. Place donated items in the basket near the Elm St. entrance. If you prefer making a monetary donation, write the charity name on your offering envelope and/or check memo line (payable to: St. Peter's Episcopal Church) and deposit in the Sunday offering or deliver to the office. The conclusion of this collection coincides with the Feast Day of St. Francis of Assisi, the patron saint of animals, on Oct. 4th.
St. Peter's supports many projects and organizations. Some of these recently include:
- Absolut Care Westfield
- American Red Cross
- Annual Tour of Chautauqua Bicycle Ride
- Blessing of the Animals, Moore Park
- Blessing of the Grapes, Grape Discovery Center
- Northern Chautauqua Canine Rescue
- Westfield Community Food Pantry
- Westfield Stray Cat Rescue
National and Foreign
- Episcopal Relief & Development - An international relief and development agency and a compassionate response to human suffering on behalf of The Episcopal Church. Our work to heal a hurting world is guided by the principles of compassion, dignity, and generosity. We take our mandate from the words of Jesus, found in Matthew 25:37-40, that call us to feed the hungry, care for the sick, and welcome the stranger.
- Faith in Practice - A non-profit, ecumenical Christian organization that seeks to improve the physical, spiritual, and economic conditions of the poor in Guatemala through short-term surgical, medical, and dental mission trips and health-related educational programs.
- Good Friday Offering - Supporting the ministries of the four dioceses of the Province of Jerusalem and the Middle East. Pastoral care, education, and health care continue to be their primary ministries through which the reconciling spirit of the Christian faith serves all in need.
- Our Little Roses - A non-governmental organization (NGO) dedicated to rescuing girls in Honduras from situations of risk, empowering and transforming them in a loving atmosphere of unity, respect, and security into successful women with moral and spiritual values strengthened through the teachings of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- United Thank Offering (UTO) - Supports innovative mission and ministry throughout The Episcopal Church and Provinces of the Anglican Communion.